World of strangers

I few weeks ago I was waiting at the train station and out of nowhere I see this girl, she’d obviously been crying and hadn’t slept for a while. I tried not to stare but it was so strange because she had nothing with her. No phone, wallet, bag, anything. She sat down on the edge of the train tracks and kicked her shoes off, just as the train was about the pass she took a few steps back and started running towards the edge of the platform and that’s when I knew she was going to jump in front of the train. I panicked and stepped in front of her. I wasn’t just going to watch someone kill themselves. The train passed and she sat down on the ground all curled up and just cried. I sat down next to her and even though she was a complete stranger I felt like I knew her. I sat there and held her whilst she cried. I barely made out the words ‘why’d you stop me’ between sobs. I didnt know what to say and My reply, ‘because I know what you’re feeling. I sit here everyday wanting to jump aswell. But we can’t do that, we can’t give up on a life we haven’t even begun living yet. You’re so beautiful, you don’t deserve to be feeling like this. There is so much more out there, just hold in there.’  Today  saw the same girl, dressed nicely and with a smile on her face, she walked passed me and said. ‘thank you, I owe my life to you, a complete stranger. I’m slowly getting my life back in track. I start my new job today and I’ve left me abusive boyfriend. If you hadn’t of stopped me those weeks back i would  have never lived to see this beautiful day, thank you so much’ I couldn’t help letting a tear roll down my cheek as I watch her board her train and head off. There’s hope for everyone.

tumblr.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Im thankful with myself

You know my name, not my story

90 TRUTHS :)