Saturday, September 10, 2011

Because I'm insecure

thanks fr the picture Mr Average Joe :D

To many people out there, I appear to be confident and I seem like a girl who is always happy about things around her. The truth is, I'm not. I'm an insecure and fragile little girl. The only thing people see are the things I choose to show. I guess it's pretty normal to feel insecure, everyone goes through it once in a while. But as for me, I don't even know the actual reasons of all my insecurities. What's worse is that, my insecurity gets the better of me and I end up feeling so desolate and empty. See how tragic it all seems? Each day I pray that I would feel better about myself. at least a little better. I wanna feel good enough for something and someone. But all that Im feeling is that I am never ever good enough. Not tall enough, not skinny enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, just NOT enough. Sometimes I wish there are more people like my blogspot or my tumblr. People who are willing to listen to all my rantings and yet give me the peace I need. Well, that's life I guess. You don't always get what you want. As I am crying while posting this, I actually came across a web that listed why most people feel insecure, and here are the main reasons of insecurities :

Over thinking and Pessimistic
Trust issues
Haunted by the past.

Looking at the reasons, I just couldn't agree more. Whatever it is, I hope i'll be able to deal with my insecurities better and I hope you readers do to. There's a quote that I now live by with which somehow helps me through my insecurity. Here it is :)


Someone will always be smarter
Someone will always be more outstanding
Someone will always be fairer
Someone will always be prettier
Someone will always be better
But no one will ever be you
Because God only made 1 version of yourself.

Appreciate yourself even when others don't,
Because you are perfect the way you are.


No comments: